ODAPS is a ISO 9001 accredited company
Since the formation of ODAPS quality and consistency has always been at the fore front of our success.
Our aim from the beginning was to achieve the right results first time. In house procedures were developed to assist in achieving this. However, it was identified that these procedures needed consolidating into a formalised system, and it was decided that now was the time to attain ISO 9001.
Taking ODAPS existing in house systems and procedures as a foundation to build on, the accreditation progressed rapidly and ISO 9001 was awarded in December 2009 after only six months. Since then ISO 9001 has helped ODAPS to further cement its existing organisation and structure.
Many of the provisions of the ISO 9001 quality standard may seem like common sense. For example, it is necessary to have a standard method of numbering and naming of drawings and documents. It is necessary to have a standardised procedure for ordering. It is necessary to have some kind of inspection prior to shipment to make sure only good products get shipped. Personnel must be adequately trained to perform their specific jobs. While some of these things may seem like common sense, maintaining an ISO 9001 quality system forces us to follow those provisions in a standardized manner, and keep records and undergo audits to ensure they are being followed.
The benefits of being an ISO 9001company have soon become apparent:
- Consistency- One of the foundations of ISO 9001; All processes from research and development, to production, to installation, are defined, outlined and documented, minimizing room for error. Even the process of making changes to a process is documented, ensuring that changes are well planned and implemented in the best possible way to maximize efficiency.
- New customers- Being an ISO 9001 company provides ODAPS with an increased profile. We have been able to undertake work for larger organisations, which have had ISO 9001 as a pre-requisite for any company carrying out their works.
- Increased efficiency- maximise quality and efficiency. Once certified for ISO 9001, the processes are established and guidelines in place for anyone to follow easily, making training, transitions, and trouble-shooting easier.
- Supplier Relationships- Mutually beneficial supplier relationships are one of the key attractions to ISO 9001 certification. Following the processes for documentation and testing ensure quality materials and labour go into your production system. The process also requires thorough evaluation of new suppliers before a change is made and/or consistency with respect to how and where orders are placed.
- Documentation- The ISO QMS standard requires documentation of all processes and any changes, errors and discrepancies. This ensures consistency throughout production and accountability of all staff. This also guarantees traceable records are available in case of non-conformity.
- Improvement Processes- The ISO 9001 QMS outlines audit processes, management review and improvement processes based on collected data. Improvements are carefully planned and implemented based on facts, using a system of documentation and analysis, to ensure the best decisions are made for your company.
Of course the main benefit is to our customers who gain confidence in ODAPS because of the universal acceptance of the ISO 9001 standards.
In short, ODAPS has developed and implemented the ISO 9001 quality management system to demonstrate its ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and statutory requirements, and to address customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system, including continual improvement and the prevention of nonconformity.